Click here for the SUHSD and CPH intention for all students enrolled in
By the end of the school year, students in the English classes will know and be able to….
- Identify and define academic vocabulary, and be able to utilize the targeted vocabulary outside of the text.
- Synthesize multiple sources under a common theme/topic and use the information to create a written/oral response
- Utilize a graphic organizer (the E’s) to structure a clear and cohesive response
- Write a well-organized explanatory/argumentative essay citing strong and thorough evidence to support a thesis
By the end of the school year, students in English Language Development (ELD) will know and be able to…
- Read, write, speak, and listen in English according to their ELD level.
- Practice listening, speaking, reading, and writing in English
- Engage in critical thinking activities
- Develop a positive bilingual and bicultural identity that celebrates all aspects of student’s backgrounds
Teachers 2023 – 2024
- EMAIL TEACHER – Click on the teacher’s name.
- VIEW COURSE SYLLABUS – Click on the course/subject.
English 9 & English 9 (Accelerated)
CSU Expository Reading/Writing (English 12)
English 11 Fundamentals
ELD I, & ELD Resource Teacher
English 9 Co-teach & English 11 Co-teach (See syllabi for Ms. Fredricksen and Paredes)
English 10, English 10 (Accelerated) & English Language (AP)