Monday thru Friday
7:00 am to 3:15 pm
Mary Aruil Librarian
Phone: (619) 585-2031
Rachel Marquez Library Technician
Phone: (619) 585-2032
The staff of the Castle Park High School Library is here to help the students and staff with all types of information and resources. If you ever have any questions of comments, please contact Ms. Mary Aruil, Librarian at (619) 585-2031
- Students must have their ID cards in order to check out library and textbooks.
- In the event that they have lost their cards, a new one can be bought at the ASB for $5.00.
- While the student is waiting for their ID Card, or if they left it at home, the library will accept their locator card, a signed note from a teacher with the students name and ID number or a report card.
- The library prefers for the student to have no owing books on their records; however, textbooks will be checked out whether or not the student owes the library books or money.
- Textbooks are checked out for the school year or semester; library books for three (3) weeks.
Fines and Lost Materials
- Fines for library materials are $.10 a day, per item, and will accumulate to the price of the book.
- Any library book or textbook that is lost must be paid for.
- The library prefers CASH in the amount of the fine or price of the book. However, there are a few options to pay:
- Contract—the student pays a partial amount of the book, and then pays the rest during the school year.
- A check, made out to Castle Park High School in the correct amount of the fine or lost material.
- Work off the amount of the fine or book in the library or for an administrator (student needs approval of both the library and the administrator to do this).
- Students will NOT be allowed to play sports if there are any library fines or books owing.
- Students can NOT check out of school unless ALL library materials are returned and any fines paid for.