Work Permits

Students who attend Sweetwater Union High School District are required to obtain a work permit if they are under 18 years old, and have secured paid employment. The work permit is required by CA Education Code and is enforced by the CA State Labor Department.  Sweetwater Union High School District students must meet and maintain 2.0 G.P.A. (grade point average) and attend school regularly and on time to obtain and keep a work permit.

Students who have graduated from high school are not required to have a work permit.

Work permits will be processed at the school site where the SUHSD student is enrolled and attends.

Process for SUHSD students to obtain a Work Permit

  1. Download the SUHSD Form No. B1-1 (intent to employ form) located at the bottom of the SUHSD website home page.
  2. Complete the SUHSD Form No. B1-1. Make sure it has BOTH employer AND parent signatures and information, and your social security number.
  3. Take complete SUHSD Form No. B1-1 to your school site.
  4. Work Permit designee will review the SUHSD Form No. B1-1 as well as your attendance and academic records
  5. Your Work Permit will be completed within 3-5 business days if you meet district attendance and academic requirements.
  6. Pick up your work permit, SIGN and DATE it, and take it to your employer.

The employer MUST keep your work permit at the work site.

Work permits must be renewed each year at the start of school, or if employment changes.

For more information regarding work permits, please click HERE for the SUHSD work permit information page.

Summer Work Permit Contact at Castle Park High:

Monica Arellano with Student Support Services at the District Office – 1130 Fifth Avenue – Chula Vista.